Create your habits and become the person you wanna be.
I'm 32, never run before and started from a day to another!
We are habits animals and consciously or not, we tend to transform any repetitive task into a habit.
When it comes to day-to-day tasks, I've always felt a bit nerd since I use to do mental systems to how to do things, and inevitably tweak them little by little to find the best path to do it effectively and efficiently.
I even have a system to dry myself when I come out of the bath or to brush my teeth.
I think I have always been a bit conscious about my habits but never been consciously creating new ones.
Recently I've got the book So Good that they can't Ignore you that I highly recommend.
It helps you think proactively about your habits and how to deliberately practice them to create habits you are prouder about.
- Define an objective
- Find a simple task that you can do repeatedly to achieve your objectives
- Commit to doing it by starting today
- Do it, just before, or after a habit you already have
- Reward yourself for doing it
- Be healthier
- Start running
- Get out and do it, if you can't run, walk, try some sprints, push yourself and remember the harder it is for you today, the easier it will be tomorrow
- I do it before lunch since I can go home take a shower and lunch before going back to work.
- Grab some reward, even if it is a snack or a chocolate, I don't care about losing calories at the beginning, I care about creating a habit, and reward myself for doing it, then, later on, I can remove the reward because doing this great habit is a reward in itself.
I'm creating new habits for myself and hope you start creating yours today.
Feel free to email me with your new habit.