Create your habits and become the person you wanna be.
I'm 32, never run before and started from a day to another!
We are habits animals and consciously or not, we tend to transform any repetitive task into a habit.
When it comes to day-to-day tasks, I've always felt a bit nerd since I use to do mental systems to how to do things, and inevitably tweak them little by little to find the best path to do it effectively and efficiently.
I even have a system to dry myself when I come out of the bath or to brush my teeth.
I think I have always been a bit conscious about my habits but never been consciously creating new ones.
Recently I've got the book So Good that they can't Ignore you that I highly recommend.
It helps you think proactively about your habits and how to deliberately practice them to create habits you are prouder about.
- Define an objective
- Find a simple task that you can do repeatedly to achieve your objectives
- Commit to doing it by starting today
- Do it, just before, or after a habit you already have
- Reward yourself for doing it
- Be healthier
- Start running
- Get out and do it, if you can't run, walk, try some sprints, push yourself and remember the harder it is for you today, the easier it will be tomorrow
- I do it before lunch since I can go home take a shower and lunch before going back to work.
- Grab some reward, even if it is a snack or a chocolate, I don't care about losing calories at the beginning, I care about creating a habit, and reward myself for doing it, then, later on, I can remove the reward because doing this great habit is a reward in itself.
I'm creating new habits for myself and hope you start creating yours today.
Feel free to email me with your new habit.
Subscribe to Tiago Rodrigues
Get the latest posts delivered right to your inbox